Thursday, January 13, 2011

Guns and Christians

With the most recent shootings, I realized that many people are against guns simply because a few people were stupid and abused the power of a gun to kill others.   As a result, many people despise guns, when in reality they really aren't that bad or bad at all.  I'm sure some of you would beg to differ.  I was always afraid of guns myself because I saw that in crime, guns were often what killed.  But then I went to school in small town world and realized that a whole lot of people in our country own guns and surprisingly, they aren't killers at all. 

Guns I've been thinking are a whole lot like Christians.  Never thought about it until this past weekend, but a lot of people, especially in the cities seem to really dislike Christians just as much as guns.  I hate to say it but I befriend people and I hear their bias against Christianity and while they like me, I often wonder if they still would if they knew that God was number one in my life.  I'm not sure they would.  Hmm.... Why is that?  I think it's that small number of people again who rather than abusing firearms call themselves Christians, go to church, tell people proudly they're Christians, yet totally do not live like they care about God and they really don't have a relationship with him. You see them on Sundays yet you also see them doing a whole of other things and they put out the worst reputation for Christians.   I hate that, because in reality, with God, we become more loving and the Holy Spirit if we listen and are in tune with God helps us to be radically loving making a dramatic difference in the lives of others.  

Alright the thought of the day..... time to sleep. Thank God for Friday. =)


No comments: