Thursday, November 18, 2010

Ice cream, cookies, and belts.

Today I got the best email from Baskin Robbins. They sent me a coupon for a free scoop of ice cream in celebration of what, yes that's right, my half birthday!!!  To think I almost forgot that today was my half birthday!

School has been consuming me so blogging tonight is a great relief.  Did I mention that I had the chance to exercise too? My blood has been boiling due to lack of exercise.  I have nothing for Kevin to eat for lunch tomorrow besides carrots, shredded cheese and frozen tater tots, but I think he's going to be okay and tomorrow's Friday so I'm letting go.  I cannot wait for the weekend, even if it means I'm still doing a lot of work.

Still been doing things in remembrance of Yeye.  Have you ever had a cookie from the Bean Bag in Rockville? I had to order a platter of cookies for a work meeting yesterday and when I ate their oatmeal cookie, um, can I say DEEELICIOUS.  I mean, delicious and very fresh, it was obvious.  Yeye loved oatmeal cookies and so eating that cookie made me wish that Ye had gotten a taste of this cookie sometime in his life.  I guess heaven must have better cookies, but I think he would have liked to taste a gourmet fresh oatmeal cookie if I brought him one as opposed to the grocery store cookies he always ate.

Now, I prefer not to take model shots of myself, but in this case, I wear this outfit very proudly.  Last Monday, I started off the week and went Yeye style by adding one of his old belts to my work ensemble.  Why in the world would you want to wear your old grandpa's clothes?!!?? I know.  Well, as someone who does not like to waste and as someone who also quite enjoys hand-me-downs, his belt gave me a lot of joy especially since I was the only one who knew where I snagged this fashion accessory from.  Made me feel safe and I enjoyed wearing a part of Ye around with me for the day.  So I wear his belt proudly and also was happy to know that it couldn't have clashed too much because my boss even gave me a complement and she's pretty hip for her age!  Just wait for when I break out Yeye's scarves=).  This is a style you can't steal...unless you too wear your grandpa's clothing. Am I starting a new trend??