Sunday, May 31, 2009

Leaving home

Ever since I got engaged back in November 08, I've realized that the hardest part about leaving home will be leaving family.  This is a picture of my grandma and if you can tell, even at 94, she is quite the social butterfly. 

Probably the main reason leaving home is difficult is that my grandma continues to remind me almost every day if not multiple times within a day of how sad she'll be when I leave.  It's inevitable that I'll hear her slowly making her way down the stairs, plop down on the couch wherever I am and then tell me that once I leave, she'll never get to see me.  "Once you leave there will be few chances to see you." over and over...

I try to explain to her that I'll be living close by. I'm not moving to Mexico goodness!  Anyways, having lived at home for 26 years so far, the transition will probably be tough on them, but I'm hoping my grams and I can chat on the phone periodically if not see each other face to face.  


No comments: