Friday, May 8, 2009

Early morning thoughts

It's almost two months until the "big" day.  I know I'm only 25, to be 26, and what do I know about marriage, but I don't feel like I'm on cloud nine about being married. I have been reminded this week that it is the most challenging relationship that we can have on earth.  That's a bit crazy, uhhh yeah, but thank God because I love challenges and I love Kevin. =)  I believe we're going make a pretty crazy couple.

To prepare for this big step in my life, I really really think that I'm going to have to remember God's love and focus on his power, strength, and energy through the coming weeks.  Hopefully everyday I can have sweet quality time with God.  Darn it, weddings are stressful, but I hope especially in the weeks drawing up to the wedding that I'd be calm cool AND extra excited=) But really no stress in the frills..

I'm at peace though with getting MARRIEd mostly because I see that God has prepared me in many ways to be a good wife. I'm not going to be perfect because I can be bossy, strong willed and selfish, and I can stab with my words no joke, but I feel like I've had a lot of experience butting heads with people I love and have had much training in how to love others despite how they treat me.  Plus I have many great models to follow after.  Feel like God has put in me great perseverance to never quit, which I hear is important.  

Finishing up the semester in these last two weeks, just sent out invites, and have premarital counseling tomorrow. Oh yes, it'll get done!

No comments: