Thursday, March 19, 2009

Are the invitations done yet?

Not quite but I have another great story to go with it.  I had hoped to print out my invitations on Monday and finish them by the end of the week. Today is Thursday night and as of Tuesday, I had printed my invitations but had made a small mistake. Yes, just a small one. I had printed 160 invitations with the words aligned about half an inch off. Not a big deal, but I was really frustrated with myself. Because I don't like to waste and the info on the messed up invitations was still accurate, I intended to keep the invitations. Kevin even helped to change the design to cover up the mess up. Unfortunately, this morning when I woke up I couldn't help agonizing inside about the invitations. I'll admit; I was obsessed. NO PEACE!

The fact is that I love cards. When I was in my senior year of high school I planned on studying graphic design with intentions of starting my own greeting  card line.  Obviously, I didn't go that direction, but I've still carried the same dream and the same passion for cards.  When you get a card, you feel special. If the card is designed well, you feel even better. In my eyes, I wanted to send an invitation card that not only made people feel special, but that whipped their bad day into a great one.

So to keep the story short, Kevin and my big big sister, Jo, convinced me to reprint the invitations (It was probably the agony in my voice that convinced them).  I was hesitant and I'm stubborn so I wasn't going to do it, but tonight at around 8:30pm  (Thursday) I drove to Kinkos once again... I've been there almost every day this week. Nice place, 24 hours by the way.

So Mr. Douglass from Kinkos was gracious enough to reprint the invitations for free. I didn't use any excuses or even try to convince him to reprint them.  I was actually planning to just redo the order. Not only did he reprint my invitations for free, but he printed the invitations immediately and offered to use their paper to print it, free of charge.  I decided to use my paper although I was unsure if I'd have enough left to print my last order.  Needless to say, things worked out perfectly.   Instead of having to come back Friday to check the order and then Saturday to pick up the entire job, I got all my invitations reprinted immediately FOR FREE and I got my reception cards printed out immediately as well. Couldn't get much better than that!  

WOOHOO. The verse to go along is  "O Lord, you have searched me and you know me." Think this was God's reminder to TRUST IN HIM.


No comments: