Friday, August 13, 2010

When You Don't Have a Hammer

I honestly have no idea how Kevin and I have managed for over a year in a new home without a hammer.  For the time being we've been using Kevin's weights, yes the kind that build muscle.  Unfortunately, the lack of a hammer is probably why many of our frames are slightly crooked.  The good thing though is that I've learned that I can always find easy replacements to get a job done.

In addition to creative replacements for every-day tools, I was pretty proud of my latest fix-it project. Do you remember those "Aerosole Soulmate" shoes that I was raving about a few months back? Apparently, they don't deserve a five star rating because part of the shoe's decor started coming apart.  I was getting some stares at work because the dark silver beads were hanging off the flower design part of the shoe.  So I took it upon myself to fix this.  When all else fails, use Gorilla glue.  I tell you, it is the absolute best and strongest glue ever.  What I didn't know though was that the glue dries not clear, but white, and it expands to triple the amount.  TRIPLE the amount is pretty accurate What did I do? I used a good ol black Sharpie!!! Take a look at them shoes now.=)  I love it!

Been behind on posting because last week I was in Brooklyn on a short term mission trip with Kevin and a team from my church.   Here's one of my favorite/least motivated 1st graders. His name is Kevin=) and he has a twin brother with a much faster metabolism then him. He was precious though.  When I asked the kids if they knew what heaven was, Kevin anxiously preceded to tell me about this movie he watched where werewolves were taken to heaven!!

No comments: