Friday, May 28, 2010

A Few of My Favorite Things

If Oprah gets to choose what her favorite things are, I decided I should be allowed to too.   Here are some reviews of my favorite things.

1. The Baskin Robbins Birthday Club - It really means it's your birthday when you receive a coupon for a free scoop of ice cream from Baskin Robbins. Do you have any idea how much a free scoop usually costs??   I definitely went in for my free scoop of ice cream two weeks ago and while the lady there kind of gave me a dirty look because all I did was get my free scoop, I loved every minute of it.  I've been a member of this club since I was a kid. What's better than free stuff?? Of course! Free ice cream!   I'm also a member of the Coldstone Birthday Club, but unfortunately did not get to redeem my coupon this year. I'll rave about it next year.

2.  The Aerosole Soul Mate - On my search to find shoes for my wedding day, I came across these and was ecstatic and sure that it was through divine intervention that I found my "soulmate" during my pre-wedding season.  If you know me, I am picky about shoes and will not sacrifice my comfort for vanity.   Unfortunately, I didn't ended up wearing these for the wedding because I was told I needed taller shoes, however, I've been wearing these for almost a year.  If you're like me and can't wear heels gracefully, you have got to get a pair of these shoes.  They match with about everything...which might be why I find myself wearing them everywhere, to church, to work, on errands...and believe me they're comfortable!

3. Old Tomatoes Recipe - Too weak to throw my old tomatoes away and fascinated by this simple recipe, I tried it out and boy it was a winner.  Way to revive wrinkled tomatoes right? You will do more than revive them!  This recipe which I randomly found on someone's blog tastes like bruschetta and is super easy to make.   Teamed with a fresh baguette, it can be quite a treat. Don't forget to use the mini Cuisinart, which makes things easier.  The mini Cuisinart is probably the most used kitchen appliance in our household. If you're planning to get married soon, add this one to your registry. There's really no need for a juicemaker, a George Foreman Grill, or a waffle maker.  A Cuisinart, however, you need that
http://figsandwigs.wordpress.com/2008/11/24/what-to-do-with-old-tomatoes/

No comments: