Monday, April 25, 2011

What One Day Off Can Do

I had a super duper spring break even though Kevin got the days off and I still went to work. Today I did take off and Kevin and I had an awesome staycation.  The plan was to go to the beach, but I was much happier with our plan B.  How'd the day go?

9:00am - Breakfast at Ize's Bagel Bakery - A few years back I went to Ize's at 7am in the morning and came back home with a bagel that literally had just been baked in the oven.  I love Ize's bagels and this morning Kev and I went there for our staycation breakfast.  The food was DEELICIOUS and of course, we did not pay full price.  HeLLLO Groupon!  We got a dozen bagels to go along with it. Yumyum.

10:00am - Target run - Our vacations typically always include some sort of run to a superstore like Target so we followed that tradition to make our "vacation" more productive.  It always feels nice just walking the aisles of Target and Kev and I always have fun there.  One time we decided to exercise and try to walk everyaisle of the store.  Got a little dizzy and probably made it around half of the place, but it was fun anyhow. Today our Target run was "normal" compared to other visits and I even was able to pick up some things for my sister while there! Woo hoo. 

11:15am - Tickets to the Movies - In my entire lifetime, I've literally gone to the theaters probably only a little more than 10 times.  It was either too expensive and I think our family wasn't really a movie family.  We typically watch movies at home. The last movie I watched in the theatre was with Kevin and we watched Rocky Balboa (He was trying to educate me since I had never watched any of the other Rocky movies).  My husband loves action movies with fighting and war and all that, but there was NO way I was going into a movie theater to watch that type of movie when I actually get a little scared watching cartoons on big screen sometimes.  Let's be serious, doesn't the music make things scarier?!?!  So instead of a thriller, we watched Soul Surfer and we both loved it.  I think the nuns who sat behind us loved it too.  That's how you know it's a safe movie. haha.  Not only was it an inspiring and real story, they had real actors in it that were good. I was also really surprised and happy to see that they portrayed Bethany's faith and included bible verses without making it sound cheesy.  I barely ever pay to watch movies in the theater for I'd say Bethany Hamilton's story is definitely one you should watch.  

3pm  - NAP - You know when you are feeling relaxed when you just take a nap in the middle of your day.  

4pm - 4 mile run.  NOT outside, are you kidding me? Today's heat made me sweat just sitting in the car, but a staycation would not be anygood without some exercise.  Oh and what made the run so enjoyable? Of course! Oprah!  Since I don't have a TV and I have been working around 4pm for the past few years, I have not been able to watch Oprah for way too long. I know people oppose how she's made her own religion and all, but honestly after Oprah is gone, I'm not sure there are any other talkshows worth watching.  
  
6pm - family dinner - Something I'm so thankful for is family, and cute family makes things even better!  My husband is quite cute and he also happens to be an amazing cook! He cooked dinner for family dinner tonight and even after having a super delicious breakfast, his dinner was still hands down tasty. How did I land a man who's got all 5 C's?  Sigh... in addition to him, I also feel so lucky to have landed a spot as aunt of the CUTEST CUTEST nieces and nephews. It's definitely like having children without the tantrums.=)  

8:30pm - Yogiberry and Trader Joes - I probably would not go on any other "staycations" if we didn't have some sort of ice cream treat.  So of course we topped off the night with froyo and a bar of dark chocolate with almonds at Trader Joes.  

Off to work again tomorrow, but feel refreshed.  God bless you this week.

2 comments:

Win said...

great post!!! joy is contagious :) glad you got a staycation. my comments: izy bagels = yum. movie sounds really interesting. ur fam = cute!

Win said...

and my vote's for warm weather! hahahah. liking the heat ;)