Monday, January 19, 2009

Less than 6 months

Yesterday, was exactly six months from when Kevin and I will be married.  Hard to believe.  What amazes me though is how my wedding planning has turned out nothing like planned, but in many ways has been BETTER.  At first, I was going to modify my sister's wedding dress which my mom had made. Things didn't work out as planned, which was disappointing, and instead I ended up finding a GREAT deal at David's Bridal. I won't lie or even pretend I got it for full price but I got a dress on sale for $99 and it was marked down from $450. Can't beat that. Now while I didn't pray specifically for a dress, I did pray for my wedding planning and after the idea to modify my mom's dress didn't quite work out, I did kinda ask God not expecting anything really for a dress, whether borrowed or rented or bought. Love the dress though. Simple, different, and right for me.

In many other parts of my planning, things have worked out the same. Just better than I could expect. 

No comments: