Monday, October 18, 2010

Yeah for Races!

I am ultra stressed, but I was blessed this weekend to enjoy a day of fun, excitement and relaxation with some friends and my family.  I ran the Baltimore Marathon Relay on Saturday. It was the first time I ran a relay and while it was tough waking up so early only to run about 5 hours later (I KNOW!), I loved being amidst other runners and cheering them on.  The relay allowed me to participate in a run but also gave me the chance to see the elite and top runners, something I miss when I run most races.   Some highlights?... meeting new friends on the shuttle bus and in the line for the portapotty (thankfully the friends I met were willing to skip the portapotties and use the woods instead!) and of course, running the 4th leg with TEAM BATS where I  followed three other speedy running friends of mine.

Today I am thankful to be able to wake up early and get some work done. I'm also very thankful because Kevin and I (or moreso just myself this morning) celebrate our 1 year and 3 month wedding anniversary.  This is enough to help me through the day and to remind to keep on trucking through the next month and a half until I graduate. Lord-willing, I will graduate.  I'm trying to remember that everything is in God's control and with his help, this whole stress ball will be over!!

No comments: