Sunday, September 26, 2010

Love Sundays

Many people use their Sabbaths differently. My sabbaths involve resting and reflecting (synonym: blogging).  Blogging is my therapy and if you haven't noticed I haven't been blogging lately so I'm clearly almost going insane. I've been dying to share things on my blog, but haven't had the time to so Kevin's been taking the brunt of all my stories.  Bless him.  He is a darn good listener! 

My love for candy. 

If you know me, I love candy.   When I was little, I would steal candy politely from my piano teacher's house and wherever else I saw a candy jar and in middle and high school, my second moms would always spoil me and bring me candy on a weekly basis.    

I was hungry the other day at my internship and seeing a container with hard candy in it, I was of course tempted and ate a piece. It was good so I ate another only to find later on that I was eating "Preggie Pop Drops". Their key function? You'd never guess...easing morning sickness! 

Fridays After Five

Kevin has been consumed with his work lately. As a good wife, I decided I'm going to help him get out and have some fun doing things he enjoys.  People say that you should do something you enjoy EVERYDAY and so I am taking on the responsibility to make sure my husband gets his fun on during the school year.  This also eases my stress level.=) First on the list of things to do was to visit the Baltimore Aquarium.  First things to note... noone, absolutely NOONE should ever enter the Baltimore Aquarium at regular price! It is way too expensive, especially if you plan to eat anything later on.  If you do go, you had better go when they have their "Fridays After Five" deal. $5 a ticket!  While the aquarium stops selling tickets at 8pm, they actually let you stay in the aquarium until 9:30pm. And that is exactly what Kev and my friend Wing did this past Friday.  

I don't think I have ever cared much for the aquarium until this time around.  My theory is that after going to so many fish stores AKA aquariums with Kevin, the Baltimore Aquarium is much more amusing and amazing. It was so much fun to see the sharks, little tiny fish, squirrel fish, and just to see the sea creatures!  Baltimore's nightlife and the harbor were beautiful too!  I splurged and ate a $5.25 ice cream (which I now feel guilty for) but had a good time being out of Montgomery County for a change.  I love seeing new places, especially if they're near by.  Can't get comfortable with the routine.  We need some change and excitement all the time.  

Oddly, I didn't have any picture of fish on this trip. This will have to do.



Distractions...many distractions

The main reason I've been so busy is because my overseas sister is visiting from out of town. I'm supposed to be doing my school work and a whole lot of others things, but I can't help but be distracted by my out of town visitors. That's my sister, my brother in law and my cutie niece, Charis! My work will get done, but my family won't be around for much longer.   

I brought them to a Lake only 5 minutes away from my house and we took a little walk along the water. Meet my family!  

My Husband the Farmer  

Kevin grew up in city pretty much, but I always felt like he's meant to live out on the farms.  Here he is growing crops on our balcony. Check out that red tomato!  And while we were on our walk at Lake Frank, he ventured off to catch fish. What a man!  

  



1 comment:

Unknown said...

Ha ha, Bel. Your little vignette about the Preggie Pop Drops made me laugh early this morning. :~) Thanks for sharing your stories!