Friday, January 8, 2010

Spinning and spinning

In the year of 2010 and I decided to be a so called "risktaker" and to try new things.  Now I thought that after I wrote a letter to Oprah, that she'd actually call me or write me back soon, but apparently, she's a little busy. So in the meantime, I'm still trying new things. YESTERDAY, I decided to make something for my husband, since he's been sick and I haven't been too disciplined in providing him with food.  So I made chili! Is that new?  Well, not really because I've eaten it many times, BUT I've never made it myself.  So yesterday I called my sister up and ventured to put some food on the table.

This week I also decided to try the spinning class at my new gym.  Typically, for an little Asian like myself, I can get some anxiety when going to class alone. I mean even when I took swimming lesson at the Y when I was younger, my mom got two friends to join swimming class with me. This way, I could have one friend sit on each side and I wouldn't bail out or waste my mom's money.  I think I have the perseverance and persistence of lion at times and then at other times I'm just pure baby --shy and extremely scared.  Anyways, I took spinning class and went into that class alone and while I had no friends, it was too fun!  They had loud techno music playing that made me almost feel like I was dancing (which I love to do) and it was part of my membership.  What's next? Pilates? Yoga? or ZUMBA?? We'll have to see.  Stay updated...=)

No comments: