Wednesday, November 4, 2009

I totally admit that this itandkt blog is not really about kevin and I, it's about me. I think I just like to blog or write and I was using our wedding as a reason to create another blog. Well, cheers to that.

Lately, life has been pretty chill. In some ways, I feel like I'm not busy enough because I find myself sitting on the couch just to sit and sleeping average recommended hours. Part of me is ready to volunteer, run the next marathon, and call someone up to catch up to fill the time, but the other half of me holds me back telling me that I need to learn how to just sit and do nothing and enjoy silence, solitude and chilling!

My busy bee mentality is simply a result of being born of the ultimate busy bee. My mother is by far the most productive person ever. She wastes not even seconds and she is no doubt effective, but very busy. I remember growing up, there was always something to do in the house. One time while I came home for a college break, I remember sitting on the couch watching TV and feeling guilty when my mom looked down in the family room at me. She might have asked me if I had something else better to do. Whatever the case, the women in my family are pretty quick, proactive aka busy women. Now you would think that being productive is a good quality to have, especially in the workng world. In reality it means that you do twice as much work in half the time and end up giving your company a coupon for all the work you did. And it also means that when you get home and lay down for a nap, you feel lazy! What a horrible horrible thing...
sigh.=)

2 comments:

Lady Di said...

Bel, Bel, Bel.....I know the woman in your family....there's only two of them that are productive and busy women...that's your sister Josephine and Mrs. To. I really don't see it in your sister Priscilla at all. Another thing, at least you take time to have peace and bee still with God....there's nothing wrong with that. I feel the hardest part about being busy and productivity of things....is the people. The reason I say people is that we miss the quality time spent with the people and genuine relationships when trying to be productive and busy. Make sure the busyness and being still is equally matched when being productive. I hope this makes sense...if you want me to explain in person...I will. :) SMILES :)

pris said...

yup yup, it's in our nurture, but maybe not our nature. i learned from the Wongs how to take naps now. :) but i still crave productiveness