Monday, August 31, 2009

"How to Be a Domestic Goddess"



I plan on buying this book sometime. I heard about it when I went to my friend Kerri's bridal shower.  Apparently, the girl who bought it for her was baking something with Kerri when they smelled something burning.   Who knew? They left the book on the stove top and ended up burning it.

My biggest fear before getting married was having to cook for the Mr.  It's not that he's ungrateful, but he is practically a professional cook himself and I've always felt stress when he mentioned the idea of me cooking for him in the future.  It's okay when your man can't cook a lick, but when his skills excel your own, that's some pressure I tell you.  Surprisingly, I think I'm becoming quite the domesticate.  I'm enjoying it alot too, except the fact that I have no time for running. 

Last week, I decided to surprise Kevin and rather than making spaghetti like I said I would, I decided to attempt to make meatloaf.  He stayed at work real late and I just remember him craving meatloaf the day before.   The only thing was I've never eaten meatloaf, cared too much for it, and I'd definitely never made it.  So being the smart woman that I am, I did what I always do when I cook. I googled!  I googled "best easy meatloaf" and although I messed up the recipe or I mean, "decided not to follow the recipe", it ended being a huge success. When I pulled the meatloaf out of the oven, I actually thought I screwed it up, but apparently Kevin said it looked fine. In my opinion, meatloaf is a piece of cake to make. It also looks like a pound of poo. Anyways, he was really impressed, had three servings, and said it was one of the best meatloafs he had.   All power to google!



1 comment:

Lady Di said...

Oh WOW! I have to send you that apple Gorgonzola salad recipe and that Shepard's pie dish....I'll do that through email babes. Great job on the meatloaf....do we get to eat some of that during the E4 retreat :) Looking forward to it bel---Lady Di